Regional Powers Condemn Israel's Rejection of Gaza Plan

3 hours ago 6

August 17, 2026 | 06:02 am

Benjamin Netanyahu. Shutterstock

TEMPO.COJakarta - The United Arab Emirates and seven other countries on Sunday condemned Israel's rejection of President Donald Trump's plan to end the war in the Gaza Strip.

It comes a week after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected the 15-point plan for Gaza, stating that no military pullout will happen until Hamas is "genuinely" disarmed.

Trump's Board of Peace said last month that it had reached a deal for the complete disarmament of Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza.

The foreign ministers of the UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Egypt issued their joint statement as Trump's envoy and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Nickolay Mladenov, Trump's Board of Peace envoy for Gaza, were in Egypt for Gaza ceasefire-related talks.

Countries back Trump Gaza peace road map

Trump announced last month that there had been a breakthrough on a 15-point road map aimed at ending the war in the Gaza Strip.

The plan drawn up by his Board of Peace calls for Israeli troops to withdraw as Hamas gives up its weapons. An international stabilization force would then work alongside a new Palestinian police force to secure Gaza.

"Rejecting the Road Map constitutes an explicit refusal to proceed with the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan, and directly threatens to derail the extensive efforts exerted by US President Trump to bring an end to the war in Gaza and establish the conditions for lasting peace," the foreign ministers said in their Sunday statement.

"Such rejection confirms that Israel now bears responsibility for obstructing the efforts to bring peace in Gaza and the rest of the Occupied Palestinian Territory," they added.

They called on the Board of Peace and the US "to take immediate and concrete measures within its mandate to uphold the integrity of the Comprehensive Plan and prevent any party from obstructing its implementation."

Hamas delegation joins ceasefire talks in Cairo

Kushner met Hamas chief, Khalil al-Hayya, on Sunday according to several news agencies citing unnamed sources. 

Kushner and Mladenov were in Egypt and met with mediators from Egypt, Qatar and Turkey to discuss implementation of the deal.

He is due to meet Netanyahu on Monday.

Hamas on July 30 avoided using the term "disarmament," but said it would hand over its weapons to a new Palestinian governing body that would govern Gaza under the supervision of the Board of Peace.

The group, which is designated as a terrorist organization by several countries and the EU, called on mediators and the Board of Peace to "compel" Israel to approve the road map for next steps.

Netanyahu previously said Israel remained in talks with Washington despite its objections to the peace plan.

"They have ideas; some of them are acceptable to us and some are not, and we know how to stand our ground on these matters," said the Israeli prime minister.

Read: Trump's Latin America Allies Open Arms to Israel

Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News


Trump's Latin America Allies Open Arms to Israel

1 hari lalu

Trump's Latin America Allies Open Arms to Israel

Ongoing military actions in Gaza and settler attacks on Palestinians in the occupied West Bank have largely isolated Israel globally.


Indonesia Condemns Israel's Rejection of Gaza Restoration Roadmap

3 hari lalu

Indonesia Condemns Israel's Rejection of Gaza Restoration Roadmap

Indonesia condemns Israel's rejection of the 15-point Gaza restoration roadmap, calling it an attempt to thwart international agreements.


UN: Water Shortages in Palestine Pose Growing Public Health Threat

4 hari lalu

UN: Water Shortages in Palestine Pose Growing Public Health Threat

UN said the vast majority of the population across the occupied Palestinian territories lacks adequate access to water.


US Undeterred as Netanyahu Rejects Gaza Peace Plan

6 hari lalu

US Undeterred as Netanyahu Rejects Gaza Peace Plan

U.S. is not concerned by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's rejection of the Gaza plan.


Middle East: Netanyahu Says Israel Rejects Trump's Gaza Plan

7 hari lalu

Middle East: Netanyahu Says Israel Rejects Trump's Gaza Plan

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel rejects US President Donald Trump's 15-point Gaza plan.


Jakarta Reaffirms Support for Palestinian Rights

10 hari lalu

Jakarta Reaffirms Support for Palestinian Rights

The Jakarta Provincial Government reaffirms support for the Palestinians' right to live in peace, security, and dignity.


Indonesia Condems Israeli Strikes in Gaza Amid New Peace Plan

11 hari lalu

Indonesia Condems Israeli Strikes in Gaza Amid New Peace Plan

Indonesia strongly condemns Israel's military attacks on Gaza. The latest attack occurred two days after Board of Peace announced new ceasefire plan.


New Gaza Peace Plan: Will US Pressure Israel to Accede?

12 hari lalu

New Gaza Peace Plan: Will US Pressure Israel to Accede?

Reports suggest US President Donald Trump would be "very disappointed" if Israel doesn't agree to a new peace plan for Gaza, announced last week


Israel Strikes Gaza Again Despite Ceasefire Agreement

14 hari lalu

Israel Strikes Gaza Again Despite Ceasefire Agreement

Israeli airstrikes killed 8 Palestinians, including 2 children, across the Gaza Strip on Sunday despite an agreement to advance the ceasefire plan.


Hamas Says No Disarmament Before Israeli Withdrawal From Gaza

16 hari lalu

Hamas Says No Disarmament Before Israeli Withdrawal From Gaza

Hamas official insists on the disarmament only after the withdrawal of Israeli troops as part of the peace agreement.


Read Entire Article
Fakta Dunia | Islamic |